Upgrade Downgrade Program

Upgrade Downgrade Program

Faculty and Staff Upgrade Downgrade Program

Before permit sales open for the following year, CampusParc offers faculty and staff the option to request an upgrade or downgrade to their permit eligibility. Parking permit eligibility is based on job family, such as Classified Civil Service (CCS) and unclassified Administrative and Professional (A&P).

Through the Upgrade Downgrade Program, CCS staff may request to upgrade to a Central Campus A permit, and A&P staff may request to downgrade to a Central Campus B permit. Upgrades and downgrades are granted through an annual lottery process.

If an employee's job family has changed since they last purchased a permit, they may see different permit options when they log in to purchase their permit. Faculty and staff can search their job family in Workday by selecting View Profile. The job family is shown under Job Details.

The Upgrade Downgrade Program for the 2024-25 permit year is closed.

  • The university determines permit eligibility based on employment classification. The Upgrade Downgrade Program is an alternative option that allows faculty and staff to purchase a permit offered to a different employment classification.
  • Upgrades and downgrades are awarded at random. The number awarded varies each year, depending on request volume.
  • Upgrade and downgrade awards are only valid for one permit year.
  • Faculty and staff who want to purchase a permit outside of their classification must submit an upgrade or downgrade request every permit year.
  • For anyone who enters the lottery and is awarded, the only permit options available to them for the duration of the permit year will be the awarded permit type, which is the Central Campus A permit for awarded Classified Civil Service Staff (CCS) and the Central Campus B permit for awarded Faculty and Administrative & Professional (A&P) employees. If a qualifying exception occurs, such as a relocation to a different workplace location on campus, please contact Customer Care.
  • Faculty and Administrative & Professional employees (A&P) may request a downgrade to a Central Campus B permit.
  • Classified Civil Service Staff (CCS) may request an upgrade to a Central Campus A permit.
  • Student permits or any other permit types are not eligible for upgrades or downgrades.
  • Please note: Other permit types, including West Campus permits (WA/WB), are not available in the upgrade/downgrade lottery. 

Faculty and Administrative & Professional (A&P) employees normally may purchase or exchange only A-class permits (A, WA, WAE, or CX).

Classified Civil Service Staff (CCS) normally may purchase or exchange only B-class permits (B, BE, BG, WB, or CX).

Faculty and staff do not need to enter the lottery to purchase or exchange a permit within their classification.

Apart from an award in the annual upgrade/downgrade lottery, faculty and staff may not purchase a permit outside of their assigned permit class.

View 2024-2025 rates online.

Note: Faculty and staff do not need to request an upgrade or downgrade to purchase or exchange permits that are within their classification, such as exchanging an A permit for a WA permit. To exchange a permit within a classification, please contact our Customer Care team.