Once a year in May, before permit sales open for the next year, we offer CCS Staff the option to request an upgrade to a Central Campus A permit, and we offer faculty/A&P employees the option to request a downgrade to a Central Campus B permit. Upgrades and downgrades are granted through an annual lottery process.
The Upgrade/Downgrade Program has closed for the 2022-23 permit year.
- As you may already know, the university determines permit eligibility, and it is based on employment classification. The upgrade/downgrade program is offered as an option to allow faculty and staff to purchase a permit that is offered to a different employment classification.
- Upgrades/downgrades are awarded at random. The number awarded varies each year, depending on request volume.
- Upgrade/downgrade awards are valid for one permit year only.
- Faculty and staff who want to purchase a permit outside of their classification must submit an upgrade or downgrade request every permit year.
- For anyone who enters the lottery and is awarded, the only permit options available to them for the duration of the permit year will be the awarded permit type, which are the Central Campus A permit for awarded Classified Civil Service Staff and the Central Campus B permit for awarded Faculty and Administrative & Professional employees. If a qualifying exception occurs, such as a relocation to a different workplace location on campus, please contact Customer Care.
- Faculty and Administrative & Professional employees may request a downgrade to a Central Campus B permit.
- Classified Civil Service Staff may request an upgrade to a Central Campus A permit.
- Student permits or any other permit types are not eligible for upgrades or downgrades.
- Please note: Other permit types, including West Campus permits (WA/WB), are not available in the upgrade/downgrade lottery.
Faculty and Administrative & Professional employees normally may purchase or exchange only A-class permits (A, WA, WAE, or CX).
Classified Civil Service Staff normally may purchase or exchange only B-class permits (B, BE, BG, WB, or CX).
Faculty and staff do not need to enter the lottery to purchase or exchange to a permit within their classification.
Apart from an award in the annual upgrade/downgrade lottery, faculty and staff may not purchase a permit outside of their assigned permit class.
Prior to requesting an upgrade or downgrade, consider changes to parking permits that will go into effect Aug. 1, 2022, for the 2022-23 permit year. Click here for more information.
To view rates for 2022-23 parking permits, please click here.
Note: Faculty and staff do not need to request an upgrade or downgrade to purchase or exchange permits that are within their classification, such as exchanging an A permit for a WA permit. To exchange a permit within a classification, please contact our Customer Care team.
- Which parking option is right for you?
- Renew Permit
- Permit Comparison Tool/Browse Permits
- ADA Accessible Permits
- Motorcycle Permits
- Departmental Permits
- Upgrade/Downgrade Program
- Permit Waitlists
- Reserved Parking Spaces
- Payroll Deduction
- Student Payment Plan
- Returns, Refunds & Exchanges
- Return Request Form