OSU Event Parking
OSU Event Parking
The Ohio State University hosts amazing events throughout the year and we are eager to help you get to and from these events as smoothly and safely as possible.
OSU Football Parking: There will be modest parking impacts to lots surrounding Ohio Stadium for the home games on October 24th, November 7th, November 21st, and December 12th. As a reminder, tailgating is not permitted in any parking lots or garages on Ohio State's campus and fans (except immediate family) are not permitted in the stadium this season.
Specific Event Parking: There are a variety of special events throughout the year. Events will be added here as we receive information around them.
- Surface lots only accept cash payments
- Garages accept cash or credit card payments
- Parking rates vary by event
- No-cost re-entry is not permitted
- Receipts for event parking can only be provided after the event by submitting a receipt request and photo/scan of your event parking ticket to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exiting garages: Your parking ticket will allow you to exit the garage within a certain amount of time following the conclusion of the event. After this time, an additional fee based on the normal garage hourly rate will be applied and due upon exit.
- Vehicles with valid city, county, state, or other government license plates can park in public surface lots or garages at no cost.
- Day, multi-day, and monthly visitor permits are not valid for event parking.
- Access keycard holders can present their access keycard for no-cost entry into surface lots sold at an event rate, regardless of final destination. Please note: Access keycard holders are not granted access to parking that is reserved for the sole use of athletics permit holders. Please refer to a specific event parking map to view which parking lots are available to the public and grant no-cost entry for keycard holders.
- Access keycards do not grant access to event parking in garages, with few exceptions (see Global Events below). However, annual permit holders whose access package normally grants them access to the garage may use their access keycard to enter the garage at no cost.
- Global Events. During campus-wide events (known as global events), such as football or select stadium concerts, access keycards provide access to any day-of-event lot or garage, regardless of permit type. A valid access keycard must be presented for garage entry.
To ensure everyone has a safe and fun time, here are the rules you need to know:
- Parking spaces are for passenger vehicles only.
- Vehicles and tailgates must fit within the 8.5’ x 15’ space provided. Additional spaces may not be purchased, reserved, or otherwise used for tailgating.
- Islands or grassy areas along the parking space may be used for tailgating. Reasonable consideration for the care of the property is expected.
- Drive lanes must be kept clear of pedestrians, tailgates, and any other items to allow clear passage for emergency vehicles.
- Saving spaces is not permitted.
- Propane grills are permitted in surface lots. Charcoal grills are prohibited. Neither grills nor generators are permitted inside parking garages.
- Event parking is available within a reasonable time frame prior to and following an event. Visitors planning on arriving early or staying late should contact us to find available parking options.